Vice-Principal interview questions you need to be prepared for
There is one real secret to success with vice-principal interview questions and any other kind of job search. It can be summed up in two words: Be Prepared! This list of vice-principal interview questions can help you get started in the right direction.
Be sure to do some background research on the institution you are approaching. Get to know all details. Let's get into the vice-principal interview questions right away.
- Tell us something about yourself. (Great question for you - see this page for some
free interview answers about that one - it's critical info.)
- What do you like about this institution? What appeals to you?
- Why do you want a new position at this point in your career?
- What do you not like about the current job you have?
- What is your approach to dealing with discipline problems?
- Tell us about a student related issue you faced and how you handled it?
- What is your management style?
- Tell me about a time when you faced an ethical dilemma.
- What's your biggest accomplishment to date?
- What attracts you to this career?
- How will you reconcile your need for independent decision making with the requirement of the institution's board / regulators?
- What is your approach to handling teaching staff? Non-teaching staff?
- What qualifies you for this position?
Think through good answers to each of the above
vice-principal interview questions based on your background and the research you've done.