Leadership interview questions you must be prepared for
Getting well-paying executive jobs usually involves successfully fielding leadership interview questions. Your ability to lead people and to work effectively with a team is of critical importance. The sample leadership interview questions below will give you a good start.
Here's a list of commonly asked leadership interview questions.
- This one's usually an opener: Tell me about yourself. See this page on
answers for ideas on how to respond to it effectively.
- What does success mean to you? How much do you think you have achieved of your definition of success?
- What is your approach to handling a team?
- Tell me of a time when you faced a serious conflict within your team and how you resolved it.
- Give me an example of how you handled a difference of opinion with your boss.
- How important do you think office politics is to one's advancement in a company?
- How do you deal with severe criticism?
- If you have been handed a project by your boss and you're asked to complete it in an impossibly tight timeframe, how will you handle it?
- What is it about this company that interests you?
- Do you have a vision for this industry? How do you think it should evolve?
- What are your interests outside work?
As you can see, many of these
leadership interview questions probe deeply in to the kind of person you are. Use the tips and info on this site to prepare well for job interviews.