Easy interview etiquette tips to keep you poised and looking good
Job interview etiquette is important for obvious reasons. Apart from helping you land your dream job, it makes the whole experience much more pleasant for both parties. Check out the following tips on
- Arrive about 10 to 15 minutes early, not before. And definitely not after the scheduled time!
- Do refer to the interviewer by name
- Be alert and interested from beginning to end
- Be calm and confident but never egotistical or aggressive.
- Use a firm handshake and a sincere smile.
- Project keen interest in the company and the interviewers; never act disinterested.
- Be positive and confident - never get defensive at any question or comment at job interviews.
- Maintain eye contact with the interviewer without crossing the boundary into staring.
- Don't ask for refreshments of any kind.
- Speak of your accomplishments with specific examples.
- Don't put down any former employer or colleagues.
- When asking them questions, be sure to ask about aspects other than just money.
- Don't excuse yourself to go to the bathroom during the interview.
Follow these simple interview etiquette tips and you'll come out way ahead of competitors who violate them!