Common assistant principal interview questions
Assistant principal interview questions usually seek to probe your leadership qualities, people orientation and of course, job knowledge. This is a demanding role you're seeking and to maximize your chances, you need to put in adequate preparation for the meeting. This sampler of assistant principal interview questions can be a great start.
Here are several assistant principal interview questions that have been asked of candidates. Think through each carefully and formulate your own answers. Read the job interview tips on this site.
- Tell me something about yourself. (This seems to be a totally unstructured question, but if you prepare well, it's a terrific opportunity to showcase your best talents. See this page on
answers for interviews for more details.)
- What weakness of yours has prevented you from doing your job well in the past?
- Give me an example of how you resolved a student discipline problem.
- Show me an instance where you had to deal with recalcitrant teaching staff.
- What is your approach towards dealing with the regulatory aspects of running the institution?
- What will you do if you have a personality clash with your superior?
- What do you think are the essentials for being able to do this job well? Tell me instances that show you have those essentials.
- Why should I hire you?
- How did you choose this career?
- What's been your biggest work related mistake so far?
- What do you think about (ůsome current hot or controversial topic)?
Think up more relevant questions based on your background and experience.
Prepare for the meeting using these
assistant principal interview questions and the resources on this site.