Handpicked list of commonly asked questions at job interviews
What are the usual asked questions at job interviews? Well, there will always be queries specific to your industry or profession. But that apart, there are definitely several commonly asked questions at job interviews.
Knowing what they are and preparing well-thought-out responses in advance will put you miles ahead of all others. Be sure to check out the free interview answers and other tips on this site.
- Here's an all-time favorite: 'Tell me about yourself / your work'. Many panic at this question. You won't. Just see this page on
interview answers specifically for this question.
- Give an example of how your worst weakness spelt trouble for your company.
- What are the two most significant accomplishments you've made so far in your work?
- What do you bring to the table?
- Tell me about how you handled a major challenge at your job.
- Give me an example of how you function under stress.
- Have your job responsibilities changed significantly since you joined your current job? How?
- What is your long-term goal for your career?
- What would make you feel successful?
- What are you looking for in your new job?
- In what ways do you intend to work differently in your new job as compared to your existing one?
- Do you enjoy working alone or in a group?
- What do you think of (current controversial topic in your industry / profession)?
- Why do you want to join us?
- Would you like to ask us anything?
See other commonly
asked questions at job interviews as well as answers at the link in this sentence.